If you would like to join our growing team, look out for our current vacancies!
With the expansion of our services, we are looking for a team of counsellors to volunteer a small period of time per month to help with the running of our services.
communications officer volunteer role
TalkEasy Trust is an award winning charity that is looking for a dedicated volunteer who can help with the communication side of things within TalkEasy. Our goals include young people being able to feel supported within their local schools and communities. Alongside this we continue to battle the stigma that overshadows mental health in this country. TalkEasy is looking for someone with a passion for social media to help us keep our accounts up to date with information. Our Twitter network has over 1300 followers and the role would include tweeting latest news on mental health and what TalkEasy is up to in the local area.
For this role we are looking for someone with knowledge and experience of running a successful social media campaign to ensure information is relevant. The successful applicant will need to assist the DoC in informing people of the latest TalkEasy activity. Also the applicant will help the DoC maintain a positive image of the charity in public.
The successful applicant will ideally have excellent IT knowledge and an understanding of how social media works. We believe also good interpersonal skills are essential for this role. References will be available after a set amount of time. To register an interest in this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note: The role will be carried out from home.
Mental health professional (volunteer)
We are on the look out for a team of mental health professionals who can help mentor young people who seek help and advice from our services. The mentoring is likely to be carried mostly via social media which allows for a safe place for youngsters to talk about their problems in a safe and confidential manor.
If you would like to dedicate a small amount of time please email email@example.com
We are currently on the lookout for someone who has an a unique and artistic talent to become our Design Ambassadors
The following role/duties will involve:
· Promoting Talk Easy through the use of designing flyers, posters and booklets about the movement, current campaigns and where to find professional mental health help (liaise with development officer for information).
· Producing new designs for new banners, t-shirt design, website designs etc. Your work must be approved by the founder and also show evidence that you have receive the general public’s opinion on the design (not via social media), or alternatively you can show the rest of the team and a few friends.
Good communication and interpersonal skills
· A strong understanding on the views of mental health and stigma, through personal experience or a close peer or family.
· Have a clear view of what our vision is
· Positive Attitude and enthusiasm
· Creative mind (MUST show examples in application).
· Be understanding that the organisation is to be representative of student’s opinions of mental health